Saturday, October 11, 2008

Vendetta Egg

"The secret ingredient is there's no secret ingredient."

Actually the correct name is supposed to be egg in a basket. But I just knew the existence of the recipe when I saw it in V for Vendetta few years ago. I tried to make it before but failed. Last week, I did a second attempt but this time with a little imagination. And voila, I did it! So here, I present you, my scrumptious egg in a basket.

My version of Vendetta's infamous breakfast recipe.

***Updated***

How to do it?

The genius part of preparing egg in a basket is that you have to make a hole in the middle of the bread. But our normal bread (like Gardenia) is not thick enough to contain the egg, so I use two!

1. Butter both side of the bread. But in this case, only on one side of each bread because you are going to stack two breads together after this when you want to cook it.

2. Cut a hole by pressing a drinking glass (or a cup) on the middle of the bread. Why glass? To get a perfect circle that is. But if you like it to be square shape or any other shape, then use knife.

3. Put the bread on a hot frying pan.
You can add more butter if you like it to be greasy.

4. Turn the fire to the lowest, and put the bread at the center of the pan. Crack an egg into the hole, and sprinkle some pepper. The reason of doing this is to allow the egg to be cooked first before the bread turns black. Aku dah penah buat api besar, telur blom masak tapi roti hangus dulu.

5. Let the bottom of the egg cook first, then turn the bread over. Again,
you can add more butter if you think you are not fat.

6. When the egg is almost cooked, turn the fire a little higher to cook the bread to brown.

7. When everything turns golden, then your bread is ready. You can enjoy your bread with chili sauce.

Selamat mencuba!

No comments:

Post a Comment